Saturday, December 4, 2010

v2, d221: Kudos

No new news on the hospital front today.  Show seems to be going well at work.  I'm still exhausted, but I'm totally in awe of all the extra effort friends and loved ones are making to help us in this trying time.  I really don't deserve you folks.  And while I'd like to formally and publicly thank each of you who've stepped in to shoulder some of my load, I'm not sure if any of you will just find that embarrassing, so I'll thank each of you without getting too specific.

--Thank you for giving up your Saturday morning after an evening show to play with my son so I could get to work.

--Thank you for driving nearly an hour in just to do my dishes, freeing me up to take care of at least four other things and buying me an hour of rest at a time when rest has been utterly insufficient. 

--Thank you for driving all night just to be here in time to relieve our morning babysitter while I was in performance all day.

--Thank you for giving up your Thursday night and Friday all day to take care of our son at literally a moment's notice.

--Thank you for letting me out of my Monday evening obligation at work so I can tend to my family.  I know it was a pain in the rear to put the whole thing together, and I know I'm leaving you a bit in the lurch, but I hope you know how much I appreciate it.

--Thank you for stepping a few hundred miles outside of your comfort zone to cover for me at Sunday's Littlest Angel cutting booking.  Your own personal, unassuming style of graciousness continues to amaze. 

All of this in forty-eight hours.  I truly don't deserve friends and family like all of you.  We are so very blessed to know all of you who are giving your time, your resources, your notes of encouragement, and your prayers to our situation.