Tuesday, December 7, 2010

v2, d223: Fingers Crossed

Sorry for no update last night.  We decided yesterday to send Robbie away to stay with great-grandparents and grandparents for the next 10-12 days, and it took a while for me to come to "peace" with the decision.

Don't get me wrong, it's totally the right decision.  There's no way Kim will be able to settle in on bed-rest when she comes home if he's here.  These next few weeks are BIG weeks for Baby Boy #2, and Kim needs to be able to rest as undisturbed as possible.  Plus, it'll be far more fun for Robbie to be with folks who have the time and energy to pay attention to him more than I would with Kim here.  Still.  It's Christmas season.  My favorite time of the year.  And it's really been the first year that the boy has started to share my general hokey sense of awe at all things Christmas.  And I don't get to share that with him anymore.  And that seriously bums me out. 

Of course, with all the goings on of the last week, I'm pretty much a wreck anyway :-)

On to the good news: Kim may be coming home Wednesday afternoon.  Tonight they shut off the magnesium.  They've been trying her on the new medication since either last night or this morning.  If it can keep the contractions at bay, she can come home to lie on her back on our couch instead of lying on her back in a hospital bed, and she'll stay on home bed rest until the baby is born.   So, we're keeping our fingers crossed (and, more importantly, our heads bowed).  (Only not literally, because it would be dangerous to drive that way) 

So you can bet I'll keep you updated tomorrow!