Thursday, December 23, 2010

v2, d237: "Together forever, I solemnly voooooooow...."

I reckon I ought to offer a comment or two on the closing of our children's show this morning.

The Littlest Angel. I was never too crazy about the script; in fact, I'm still not. And I really like all the songs, but I never felt they meshed with one another or the script. And you could certainly raise some concerns on theological ground. (We addressed some of this through script edits, fortunately) However, I've often said I'd rather be involved with a script I dislike than not be involved at all, and that was truly the case in this instance.

I'm very glad I was a part of this show. We had fun. And I think we did good work. We put together a charming little show that left our audiences with warm happy Christmas feelings, and that's great. For me, however, the show had the added benefit of putting me with a group of people I enjoy in the situation I feel most comfortable in (working on a show) during what has turned out to be one of the most difficult seasons of my life.

So, while I wasn't initially thrilled at the prospect of performing this show almost thirty times in twenty days, it's been a blessing to me. And I know we've been a blessing to many others over the past month. And I want to thank any of you who are reading who were part of the project in one way or another. Also, thanks to those who came, saw it, and said hi afterward. This may not end up being the show I write extensively about in my memoirs. But it's the one I needed this Christmas.

Christmas eve is tomorrow. My folks should be in sometime mid-afternoon, and then the whole family will be in the same place for almost a full twenty-four hours. I'm going to go get ready for bed so I can make the most of it.

Ta-ta!