Tuesday, December 14, 2010

v2, d230: Couple o' things

First off, Holly's blog today was fantastic.  It nearly inspired me to write something similar this evening before I realized that I spent something like 10 blog entries last time around coming to a very similar conclusion.  This is how we generally roll: I say something brilliant over the span of three weeks, and Holly nails it in three or four minutes.

I do have to comment, however, even as my theatre-snobbishness began to wane my senior year and is basically gone to this day, I don't think I could have sat through that production of A Bad Year For Tomatoes if I hadn't been required to do so.

Second off: He-Man and She-Ra Christmas Special.  Those cartoons were really bizarre individually, but put both shows' casts of characters into one hour-long special, and it's quite possibly the weirdest Christmas ever.


Third: Got Kim some Zantac from the store today.  For those who don't know/remember, she's been having some really rough coughing fits ever since she came home, effectively preventing her from laying down for long periods of time or falling asleep comfortably.  This morning, the doctor recommended we try Zantac or something similar to fix the problem.  She's taken one pill, and so far, so good!  Come on, Zantac, you can do it!!!

Finally: Man.  He-Man's and She-Ra's friends are pretty much worthless.  That said, kudos to the He-Man and She-Ra Christmas Special for mentioning the nativity story.  (Of course, as soon as it's finished, the kids say "And now for the fun part!  Let's tell him about Santa Claus!")



(Postscript: This was not, by definition, a "couple o' things" at all)