Wednesday, December 29, 2010

v2, d241: ...and back again

Sorry, folks. I intended to update yesterday, but Kim's sister is staying with us, and she's sleeping in the Room of Living, so my regularly-scheduled late-night blogging didn't happen. After being banished to my bedroom quite a few hours earlier than usual, I got a fantastic amount of reading done! I am so totally going to finish by book by New Year's now! ;-)

If you read much of this blog, you know I'm a fan of Puck Daddy over at Yahoo! sports. This "Top 20 Moments of 2010" post is highly recommended reading. I mean come on, it includes this:
I submit that the "History Will Be Made" commercials were awesome. Awesome. Awe-some.

And some of the parodies were pretty dang amazing, too.

Also, the "Oh, so you're an expert?" interview will always be funny to me.

In other news: It's raining a lot today. (I know my California readers right now are thinking, "Oh re-he-he-heealy?") I wanted to go for a run today, but obviously I won't. Then again, I didn't want to go for a run yesterday, and I did anyway. There are two ways of looking at this: 1) Life will never let me be happy. 2) It all evens out.

Anyway, on to actual news. In rehearsals for The Hobbit now. Reminds me why I enjoy directing so much more than performing. And I'm not actually doing much in this show (except taking notes and filling out primitive performance reports until we have an actual stage manager).

I just attempted to explain why this is three times, and each time I deleted everything I wrote. I think directing may be my favorite thing in all of the arts. Possibly even more than writing. And it's difficult to put something you're passionate about into words. Well, into a blog post, at least. Clearly, this is a matter that I must journal some more on. And, because ruminating on our passions often leaves us remarkably vulnerable, a blog is probably not the right place to make these ruminations ;-)

Where was I? Ah, yes. Working on The Hobbit and loving it. Even though I'm really only there in a support capacity. Also, determined to read Tolkien next. I think I can officially dub my recent run of casual reading as my "Holly's Favorites Books phase."

Next thing you know, Holly will start thumbing through the history of the NHL from the Edmonton Oilers dynasty onward ;-)